ADKHighpeaks Foundation is currently accepting Grant applications based upon our mission as a 501(C)3 not for profit charitable institution.
Mission Statement: The purpose of the ADKHighpeaks Foundation is to provide financial assistance to organizations whose activities provide a benefit to the New York State Forest Preserve and the people that use it. The Foundation has a particular interest in funding wilderness zone and environmental protection, safe recreation, public education and biological research.
It is through their generous support over the last 15 years we have been able to provide grants to several organizations in excess of $42,000.
To be considered we respectfully request that the Application Request Letters meet the following guidelines:
- They must be limited in scope to one the following categories: Wilderness Zone and Environmental Protection, Safe Recreation and Public Education, or Biological Research as outlined in our Home Page.
- Funding request must be submitted by an established group, nonprofit organization or volunteer institution acting within the Mission scope of the Foundation.
- Must be within or related to the New York Forest Preserve in the state of New York in either the Adirondack or Catskill mountain regions.
Grant Applications must include:
- Detailed description of the project and estimated manpower requirements.
- Summarize the goal(s) of the project.
- The specific costs and itemized budget related to the project.
- Other funding sources if applicable.
- Expected time line for completion of the project or phase.
- Must be submitted in writing to the email address below.
Grant requests will be considered up to $1,000 each. Larger grants may be funded depending on scope of project and funds available at time of application.
The following grant applicants will not be accepted:
- Athletic Teams including Little League, Soccer Organizations Etc.
- Endowments or Memorials
- Fraternities, Sororities
- Individual Needs
- Labor or Political Organizations
- Membership Dues
- Sectarian or Religious Organizations
- Travel Funds for Tours Expeditions or Trips
- Private Businesses
Please submit Applications to:
The Executive Board of the ADKHighpeaks Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org
Request must be composed in letter format and attached as a document (PDF preferred) and submitted to the above email. Verbal requests and those not meeting the guidelines above will not be considered.