This code of conduct establishes the ADK Highpeaks Foundations values, promotes ethical behavior, and outlines the procedures for addressing misconduct and other issues. This policy will ensure that volunteers, supervisors and board members extend respect and courtesy to everyone involved with the organization in order to foster an environment of trust, accountability, and mutual respect.
The ADK Highpeaks Foundation is committed to the values of respect, integrity, inclusivity, and fairness.
- Respect – for fellow volunteers, supervisors, self and all people we encounter on or off trail.
- Integrity – Adherence to the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Inclusivity – Everyone is welcomed and appreciated here.
- Fairness – In all decisions and actions.
- Respect for the Rules – Adherence to all rules and regulations of the organization and entities we are affiliates.
Policies and Procedures
- Appropriate Conduct: All are expected to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner. All communications and interactions with all other volunteers, staff, and external parties should be respectful, courteous, and appropriate.
- Social Media: Volunteers may use social media but should be aware that content posted on a personal account may reflect upon the organization. Care should be taken to identify thoughts and opinions as being of the volunteer and does not represent ADK Highpeaks Foundation.
- Reporting of Misconduct: Volunteers are responsible for the reporting of any misconduct to the ADK Highpeaks Foundation.
- Sanctions for Violations: Violations of this policy may result in disciplinary action up to and inclusive of termination of participation with the organization.